Posted to rec.food.equipment
[email protected] yellowbirddog@hotmail.com is offline

Default Mildew in potscrubbers and sponges

Remsleep wrote:
> I'm having a real problem with mildew building up in my potscrubbers. I keep
> them out of standing water, but usually within a week or two a new scrubber
> will start to smell. Running them through the dishwasher gets rid of the
> smell for a few days, but then it's back. Does anyone have any ideas for
> keeping them mildew free for long periods? FYI, we live in a fairly humid
> climate.
>
> Remsleep

Assuming your pots aren't contaminated <grin> with Teflon, I'd
recommend trying the copper "Chore Boy" scrubbers. Copper has natural
anti-microbial properties. Plus, Chore Boy is a top-rated scouring pad
that rinses out cleanly and easily and cleans pots and pans
aggressively. Its open structure should breathe nicely, and I've never
had any scent-related problems with mine.