Old 07-09-2006, 07:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Puistonen Janet Puistonen is offline

Default Chuck roast and flat cut brisket

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
"Janet Puistonen"
news:[email protected]:

Have you ever tried Nach Waxman's Brisket from The Silver Palate...or
is it The New Basics?...well anyway, it's really, really good.

No but I'll snoop around and try to find it.

I also have a rather weird recipe called Hays House Barbecue Brisket.
It involved liquid smoke and onions and celery seed and Worcester and
stuff, and is served shredded. Strange, but good.

I've done something similar at home. Cooked in the oven smothered in
onions and stuff for about 6 hours at 225 degrees. Shredded it and
served on great big buns with house made fries and cucumber salad.

Michael

Sounds similar. It's good stuff.