Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default "collateral included deaths in organic rice production [faq]"

<dh@.> wrote

[..]
> People point out facts that "ethical" vegetarians hate and deny,
> but they remain facts none the less.

Some people (i.e. you) point out "facts" that have no relevance.

> It really says a lot about them
> that "ethical" vegetarians appear to be the only people who are
> opposed to seeing such aspects of human influence on animals
> being pointed out, even though everyone is involved with them.

It says a lot about you that you persist in "pointing out" that meat
consumption leads to animals "getting to experience life" when that fact has
no place whatever in the discussion.

>>Or Diderot
>>might have presented an exaggerated, distorted, picture without
>>deliberately intending to. Just because Diderot claims he is an organic
>>rice former is no reason why this single individual's testimony should
>>be taken as the final word on the matter, and cannot rationally be the
>>object of skepticism or criticism. I do not know whether Diderot's
>>account of the matter is correct or not. It is quite possible that it
>>is, but there is also plenty of room for reasonable doubt, for all
>>sorts of reasons.

> There are none. There is much reason to believe he's correct,
> no reason to believe he's not, and no apparent reason why anyone
> selling organic rice would lie and say it's worse than it is. It's most
> likely the reason he felt safe in doing so is because he's aware that
> the majority of organic rice consumers don't care enough about
> human influence on animals to even take such facts into consideration,
> and this ng experience has certainly suggested that is the case.

Those billions of animals that live and die in rice paddies also "get to
experience life", do you "consider" that to be a "positive aspect" of rice
consumption, eh ****wit?