Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.home.repair
[email protected] intrepid_dw@hotmail.com is offline

Default Broken Glass on Smoothtop range...replacing?

All:

After I posted this, I discovered that the glass is captured onto the
unit via the top trim strip, which itself is secured to the sides of
the unit via a series of simple screws. I removed the screws, lifted
off the trim strip, and removed the broken pieces with no difficulty.
It is not sealed or glued in place; it merely rests atop the cooktop
box.

It turns out there was another entire shard of glass that had broken
through which was invisible until I started removing the pieces.

I did contemplate replacing the unit with a conventional cooktop, but
scheduling an installer for the electrical hookup is going to be more
of a hassle than it's worth (plus an extra hundred bucks apparently). I
can replace the glass myself in five minutes, so I plan to order the
replacement glass later today.

Thanks,
intrepid

www.davebbq.com