Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
gene gene is offline

Default What's the San Francisco Bay Delta like

Bob Becker wrote:

> "gene" > wrote in message
> et...
>
>>Bob Becker wrote:
>>
>>That's interesting.... does that mean Lodi moved out of the Delta?

> The Delts is called that because it's a triangle formed by Stockton,
> Sacramento, and (roughly) Oakland.
> Lodi is on the line between Sacramento and Stockton.
> You can look it up.

I guess that living to the east of the islands, I was not exactly IN the
DELTA as you call it. But when the Mokolumne, Calaveras and San Joaquin
rivers overflowed their banks, we in Stockton and Lodi felt like we were
IN the DELTA. <grin>

I was born and raised in Stockton; got dusted with lots of DELTA peat
when they harvested the asparagus and in the late summer breezes; went
to San Joaquin DELTA Junior College.

Gene