Old 02-09-2006, 09:12 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Buzz1 Buzz1 is offline

Default Fresh Pork... and I mean FRESH! Which cut?

"43fan" wrote in message
Ok, real stoopid question here... friends of mine are doing a pig roast.
Puchased a whole hog, but had it quartered. Basically, cut in half, then
split each half down the middle of the ribs.

They want me to smoke one of the sections... I'm curious what to use?
Front shoulder or rear quarter(which one?), and cut the ribs away first?
Or maybe just cut the ribs away all around, and just smoke those for them
instead?

Picking it up off them later today, so any help here soon would be great!

front shoulder for about 18hrs or so--save the ribs for another cook.
anyway that is what I'd do

--
Buzz
2fat Bikers bbq