Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,misc.rural,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
pearl pearl is offline

Default "collateral included deaths in organic rice production [faq]"

<dh@.> wrote in message
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:50:33 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:
>
> ><dh@.> wrote in message ...

> >> As I said, OBVIOUSLY you want to promote the lie. Anyone
> >> who thinks there are no cds in rice production would have to
> >> be even stupider than you, meaning that you know there are,
> >> meaning that you're the deliberate liar. Duh.

> >I have not said that there are "no cds in rice production", as you imply.
> >
> >"Regrettably, there probably are some small animal deaths. However,
> >the number of deaths in a mile of rice harvesting pales in comparison to
> >the road kill on a mile of highway.

> That's an obvious lie, and anyone who's aware that animals don't
> live on asphalt should be able to understand why.

Where's the obvious lie? Animals traverse highways, and numerous
vehicles are constantly speeding along them.., but animals can easily
move out of the way of slow machinery making one pass in the field.

> >Harvesters move slowly,

> So did the bush hog I got to run a few times. But there were a lot
> of grass hoppers bouncing around on it and getting killed by it the
> whole time anyway. If they had been frogs and anoles etc like in
> rice fields it would have been them in that position instead, but
> rice harvesters would provide less chance of survival because of
> the difference in design. I'm sure you won't be able to see why
> or how, but I believe most omnivorous people could:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/goeyk
>
> http://tinyurl.com/gkpmo
> http://tinyurl.com/pk3ut
>
> >and they are
> >not the high speed machines described in this article." - Kent Lundberg

> He told you what he knows very well that you want to believe,

You can go see for yourself. diderot told you what you want to
believe.

> >That is from someone *known* to be a GENUINE organic rice farmer.
> >
> >As I said, you are a liar, and you OBVIOUSLY want to promote the lie.

> "Florida" wrote:
>
> "Interesting that there are no collateral included deaths in
> commercial rice production."
>
> YOU, who bitch and carry on claiming diderot was wrong, said
> nothing at all to correct that absurd, dishonest idea. That means
> YOU want people to believe it.

I was focussing on letting Florida know that I'm not Kent Lundberg.
I assumed that Florida had read the email, and just worded it wrong.

"Regrettably, there probably are some small animal deaths. However,
the number of deaths in a mile of rice harvesting pales in comparison
the road kill on a mile of highway. Harvesters move slowly, and they