Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Oatmeal cookies

jmcquown wrote:

> Just use any white granulated sugar. He was quoting the recipe from the box
> of Quaker Oats; obviously the two brands are affiliated which happens a lot.
> BTW, Quaker Oats has always had a good oatmeal cookie recipe

I had never seen it on Quaker Oats products. I found it on line. It looked like
it would make the sort of cookie I wanted and it did. My wife was also
impressed with the results. She is a little upset about me making them.
Normally she is pretty good about resisting baked goods, but she tried one when
she got home and then had several more because they were so good. The recipe is
a keeper. It is not a surprise that Quaker would use it. I usually find that
recipes that use a company's product are good, as I learned from Crisco and
Nestle's chocolate chips.