Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
[email protected] gregmg@my-deja.com is offline

Default "Hobo Wine" How To - Some Questions...

"Ditto" to what Ray just posted. My 2nd batch of wine was made from
Welches Niagara concentrate, and it received rave reviews from my
friends. My 1st batch was made from Welches Concord; quite tasty, but
it would have been better as a sweet or semi-sweet dessert wine. The
extra sweetness in a Concord wine helps smooth out the foxiness of it's
American heritage.

In some respects, the Welches concentrates are better than the wine
concentrates. At least that's been my experience. The finished wine has
a lot more fruit; the wine concentrates sometimes produce anemic wine.

Only use bread yeast if you want to make bad wine. Conversely, only use
wine yeast in bread if you want to make bad bread.

Greg