Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_5_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_5_] is offline

Default Source for spice tins?

In article >,
"Curt Nelson" > wrote:

> I live about 500 feet from one of the great spice stores in the country and
> recently decided, "Wow, perhaps I should try cooking with some really good
> spices." (duh!)
>
> Anyway, I'm not paying fifty bucks for a spice rack and am thinking of
> copying Alton Brown's spice-tins-stuck-to-the-inside-of-your-cabinet idea.
> Can anyone recommend a good source for cheap spice tins? I've seen 'em for
> two bucks or so, but can't justify even that. They look like they should
> cost no more than perhaps fifty cents or so.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Hasta,
> Curt Nelson

Yeah.

Ball brand 1/4 pint canning jars.

Seriously.

Or these:

http://www.containerandpackaging.com/item.asp?item=G230

These will work too if you prefer metal:

http://www.aluminumbottles.com/

Google is your friend. ;-)

There are a million ways to store spices...
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson