Posted to rec.food.restaurants
[email protected] elvira_wang@yahoo.com is offline

Default how to order food

Hi,
I am new in UK and my communication skill is not that good. My
questions are embarassing i understand.....so get prepared....

Can someone explain me how people commonly order food in the
Restaurant, Pizzeria, Takeaway, Subway, coffee shop, buffet? what are
the common questions that we have to ask or to answer?

Should the customer seat on a table or rather go directly to the
checker? when does (s)he have to pay? does (s) he have to pay tips?
and how much? can (s)he eat on the shop or no? how to precise that
(s)he want to take food home. if someone is on diet can (s) he ask for
special arrangement (like when ordering pizza)

If someone can answer my above questions in each of the above cited
venue, i'll be really delighted, or at least give me alink on the web
where i can learn. unfortunately, i don't find such info in any english
tutoring book despite its importance.

thank you