Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals
pearl[_1_] pearl[_1_] is offline

Default Conversations in the other room: was Vagan question, getting started.

"Derek" > wrote in message ...
> On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:22:53 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:
> >"Derek" > wrote in message ...
> >
> >> liars like Lesley who trades
> >> horses and promotes herself as a vegan while at the
> >> same time following a lacto-ovo-vegetarian diet.

> Why don't you address those two points, Lesley?
> You trade rights-holding horses for personal gain
> and you follow a lacto-ovo diet while describing
> yourself as a vegan. Why?

The small moneys received were no more than partial
recompense for material costs incurred raising them.
I DO NOT believe in ownership of sentient beings.
I knew that the ponies were going on to a great life.

I have never described myself as vegan. You lie.

"Derek" > wrote in message ...
> On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:18:25 GMT, chico chupacabra > wrote:
>
> [..]
> > They weren't baseless accusations

> That's exactly what they were, thico chumpy: baseless accusations
> and lies.

> [..]

restored.

> >You've done the same to many other AR supporters
> >here, and still are.

> I've chased off a few AR pretenders while they
> promote vivisection, if that's what you mean.

A good example of your clinging to your misinterpretations
in order to harass ("chase off", bully) other AR supporters.

Zakhar wrote:
"for example if one rabbit would save 1000 humans, then
I could accept that the rabbit should die".'

I emphasised then, in an effort to explain the meaning:
"for example *if* one rabbit *would* save 1000 humans,
then I could accept that the rabbit should die.

If = A hypothetical situation. Would = 100% certainty.

If one rabbit would save you from dying of starvation,
you (similarly) would accept that the rabbit should die.

"Eating meat for survival is perfectly ethical and correct. "
Dec 18 2003, 11:26 pm by ipse dixit (Derek)

> >What the hell's the matter with you?

> I'm fine, thank you.

No, you are most definitely not "fine".