Posted to alt.food.wine
Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] is offline

Default Introduction

"Joseph Coulter" > skrev i meddelandet
. 97.136...
> Ed Rasimus > wrote in
> news >
>> I'm a fan of Alsace Gewurz and Reisling as well. (Someone will jump up
>> shortly from the Euro contingent to point out that Alsatian is a
>> dog--what we in the colonies usually refer to as a German Shepherd.)

> Uhh, would that not be a Berger Belgique to which you refer?

THis is a spin-off from previous belligerence in the Old Mother COntinent
(=Europe) - calling the shepherd Alsatian rather than German - slightly like
calling Missy Queeny's family Mountbatten rather than Battenberg. No
worries[1], today we are all good EU-citizens, including the Alsatian
doggies.

Cheers

Nils Gustaf

[1] I am reallly really getting into the atmosphere for this Oz voyage, and
no mistake, but you drongos all noticed. She'll be right.

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se