Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom (palindrome guy) modom (palindrome guy) is offline

Default dirty rice

On 27 Aug 2006 20:09:52 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
<wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>I don't really like liver altogether by itself. It must have onion, at
>least, and depending on the preparation, other seasonings. I love chopped
>liver and chopped chicken livers, liver (calve's or pork) and onions with
>bacon, liver pate' of various ilk, and something that my family used to
>make called "liver pudding" (like a coarse pate') which was made of pork
>liver and pork shoulder, and seasoned with onion and sage. Another dish I
>like is sauteed chicken livers with onions, peppers, and fresh tomatoes.

Wayne the liver pudding sounds a bit like pate de campagne, except for
the sage. Do you know the history of the recipe? And could you share
the recipe?

D's dislike for liver is easily overcome by her love all things
French. In France I have seen her eat many a liver pate snack, not to
mention fois gras. Hell, I even saw her eat boudin noir (blood
sausage) once.
--
modom

"Southern barbecue is a proud thoroughbred whose bloodlines are easily traced.
Texas Barbecue is a feisty mutt with a whole lot of crazy relatives."

--Robb Walsh, Legends of Texas Barbecue Cookbook