j*ni p.

Default Cooking "cheats" for the time challenged...

Hark! I heard " BOB" > say:
> Julia Altshuler typed:
> > Frogleg wrote:

> >> We assume you mean doubling the marinade recipe, not marinating A and
> >> transferring the liquid to B.

> > If the marinade was used the first time in the refrigerator for several
> > hours, poured off the first item, poured on the 2nd item and frozen, it
> > shouldn't be a problem. The 2nd item is then defrosted in the
> > refrigerator in the marinade. With this method, I can't see that
> > anything harmful would have a chance to grow. I like the trick.

> I re-use marinades all the time. The first meat is marinated in the
> refrigerator, poured off the first and onto the second, which is then put in
> the refrigerator to marinate while the first meat is cooked. The marinade
> never gets more than a degree or 2 above the 'fridge temperature. Of course,
> YMMV and if someone doesn't like the sound of this, don't do it.

I believe the marinade issue came about because some folks would
marinate meat, remove and cook it, then introduce the same marinade
(with raw meat juices) to their dish again. Bleah! I don't think
marinading more than tne batch of meat would be an issue, as long
as everything is kept cold (as you both said), and the meats are
cooked properly afterward...

--
j*ni p. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!