Old 11-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Arri London

Default mouldy cheese Q

MOM PEAGRAM wrote:

"Arri London" wrote in message

MOM PEAGRAM wrote:

"occupant" wrote in message
MOM PEAGRAM wrote:

Vacuum seal it.

Is that a special technique or is it expensive equipment?

I suppose expense is debateable, if you save on less spoiled food. But,

yes
I'm speaking of a Tilia. I've tried other brands and they just don't

work
as well.

We have a 20+ year old Krups vacuum bag sealer that works perfectly
well. Haven't tried a Tilia cos I don't know anyone close by who has
one. Would be nice to compare.

We just upgraded from a Tilia Compact II to a 380 I believe with 3 sealing
functions. I "don't" like the new one. It works just as well and better in
some respects, but it wastes a lot of bag because of the design of the lid
and sealing bar.

Yes, that could get expensive. The Krups doesn't waste any bag at all,
which is nice, as they are getting more difficult to obtain.