Posted to rec.food.equipment
Jean B. Jean B. is offline

Default removing strong smoky smell from microwave

Steve Calvin wrote:

> Ward Abbott wrote:
>

>> Get a couple of fresh lemons, cut in half and put in a large bowl. Add
>> water to cover and heat until boiling for three minutes. Let the
>> oven shut off and keep the door closed until morning.
>> Lock her door and keep her out of the kitchen.
>> Good luck.
>>

> I was gonna suggest a paste of baking soda and water, but that sure
> sounds a hellofalot easier Ward.
>
> Ditto on the "out of the kitchen", that's sufficient for being banned. ;-D

I was thinking of baking soda. If the lemons don't work, I'll
try that next.

I am actually glad my daughter is taking more initiative in
the kitchen, so I am only trying to find out exactly what she
did to satisfy my intense curiosity. At least the microwave
is still working!

--
Jean B.