Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba38 Goomba38 is offline

Default Friday's Dinner Delights!

Reg wrote:

> Ever try one of those goofy "boat buffet" sushi places
> where the food goes round on little boats? (for those folks
> who've never heard of this, I kid you not) I had the
> misfortune of eating at one of these places. It was in Berkeley
> as I rememeber.
>
> What a disaster. Premade sushi is bad enough. It's then subjected
> to large amounts of airflow and God-knows-who's grubby hands.

Aren't they pretty common in Japan? The dishes are prepared moments
before by the sushi guy standing in the center and he just places them
on the rotating belt immediately. People take off the belt the dishes
they want (from all the various assorted offereings) and are charged at
the end by dish count?