Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Myers Bob Myers is offline

Default Ace of Cakes

"Kthonian" > wrote in message
> One time on Usenet, Andy <q> said:
>
>> Anybody catch this new show?
>>
>> I really enjoyed it! Duff is a personable guy and the staff were funny.
>> They're even allowed to *bleep*.

> I watched a little bit of it the other night, but it was very
> late and I had to get to bed. I did enjoy it though; they've
> got some very creative ideas. But do people really eat those
> fondant-heavy cakes..?

Looked like it. I personally found the show interesting,
but if this is all it's going to be I have to wonder how
long they can sustain interest. It seems to be somewhat
along the lines of Food Network's answer to things like
"American Chopper" - but how many different cakes can
you show being made before the audience starts to get
bored out of their skulls, especially if the group involved
isn't anywhere near the set of dysfunctional clowns you
get with the Teutels & Co.?

Bob M.