Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Whats your favorite/favourite meal?

researchowl wrote:
> I'm desperate to try some new cuisine - anything worldwide. So let me
> know what your favorite meals are - give some me some culinary
> imagination!!
>
> At the moment I think my fiance would agree - my two favorites (and I'm
> a whiz at cooking them!) are Spagetti Bolagnese from scratch and Toad
> in the Hole. Not very imaginative but they taste beautiful.

For some reason, osso buco springs to mind. This is veal shanks,
slowly cooked in liquid until very tender, finished with a pretty and
tasty gremolata. Time required is long, but it's mostly unattended in
the oven. Actual work required is very manageable. Like many braised
dishes, this can mostly be made the day before, so it's a great dish
for entertaining, too. The link is to a recipe that serves 8 or more
but it's easily cut in half. -aem

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...s/views/107747