Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Speaking of Chili, anybody got a Chili con Carne recipe featuringsmoked brisket?

Chef Juke wrote:

> Well???
>
> -Chef Juke
> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

I don't really have a recipe for it, but I make it periodically for a
quick meal.

I typically smoke a big honkin' brisket and then portion, vac bag and
freeze it for future use so I normally have smoked brisket on hand.

I typically dump a small can of crushed tomatoes into a saucepan, add
chili powder and cumin and heat it for a few min while I semi-defrost
the brisket and chop it up a bit. Dump the chopped brisket in and
continue heating until it's sufficiently hot. Certainly not a fancy
competition chili, but it normally comes out quite good.

Pete C.