Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: This week's wines

DaleW wrote:
> That Fleurie is such a pretty wine. Why didn't I get more before CSW
> sold out?

You and me both, Dale. That was my only bottle, opened on FL Jim's
enthusiastic recommendation. If you find more, drop me a line but I
expect that we'll both have to wait for the '05 version to arrive.

> As to the Brachetto, I think it can actually be a good simple wine in
> right situation (as dessert on a hot day on porch- some think it great
> with chocolate). But it's overpriced- I'd pay $10, not $20

I doubt that the Banfi was a particularly inspired example, though you
may feel differently. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of
discernable Muscat character on either the nose or palate. I'll stick to
Prosecco, I think (though Jean dislikes it, so maybe not)

Mark Lipton