Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: This week's wines

Ed Rasimus wrote:

> Not even a Paella Valenciana, heavy with shellfish, would call for
> SB--your Spanish credentials are in jeopardy!

It wasn't my choice, Ed. SHMBO earned her title that night.

>> 2004 Dom de la Terres Dorées (J-P Brun) Fleurie ($15)
>> A beautiful wine, and even better with the paella (which was a bit
>> meat-heavy) than the SB.

> Better choice. Light reds like a cru Beaujolais (or even B-Villages)
> always work, particularly in the summer when chilled. Sangria, of
> course, is always workable.

Those are my choices, too, as was the Fleurie.

> I hope the paella was long gone from the table by this time!

Different meal, but equally bad match.

> Now we're talking!! Vacqueyras would stand up to the BBQ pork (dry or
> wet style??) Certainly not the Brachetto.

This was a dry-rubbed prep. I'm a big fan of Memphis-style BBQ, though
I won't turn up my nose at KC, Carolina or Texas-style BBQ, either.

> At least there was a lot of variety.

There always is in our household. Life is too short to always drink the
same wine.

Mark Lipton