Old 16-08-2006, 06:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
MY WORD MY WORD is offline

Default Best Apple Pie in the Known Universe!

"Damsel in dis Dress" wrote in message
(I'm so friggin' tired I can't see straight, but I can't sleep, so you
guys get recipes)

The sour cream really mellows out the flavor of this pie filling. It's
not sickenly, cloyingly sweet, like so many apple pies are.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Mom's Sour Cream Apple Pie

Recipe By :Carol Peterson
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Family Recipes Pies and Pastries

3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 pounds peeled apple slices

Combine first five (dry) ingredients.
Cover bottom of unbaked, 9-inch pie shell with 1/4 of mixture.
Stir remaining mixture into sour cream.
Slice apples 1/8-inch thick, and stir into sour cream mixture..
Place mixture into pie shell and cover with top pastry. Let rest 10
minutes.
Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Bake at 450F for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 325F, and bake about 45
minutes, or until apples are done.

IMPORTANT: Cool 3 to 4 hours on rack before cutting.

Cuisine:
"American"
Source:
"Pat Zastera (Carol's Mom)"

I'll take your recipes any time Carol! I've been going through a few of
those nights too. Not as many since I'm back on hormones but I still get
them about once a week. then I'm hung over the next day from trying not
to sleep during the day so I'll sleep that night.

--
My Word
in