Old 07-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Dan Cordes

Default Yeast pkg. or jar

It's just a whole lot easier and faster to measure! :-)And I'm basically
lazy!

Dan
"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Dan Cordes" wrote in message
y.com...
1 pkg. = 2 1/4 teaspoons

I have been buying the bulk yeast from Sam's for 13 years now and I use

1
tablespoon of yeast. 1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons. I know this might

offend
the serious "I weigh everything" bakers, but, Hey, I'm American if 21/4

is
good 3 must be better. :-) And the bulk pack from Sam's which is 2 - 1

lb.
bags cost less than $3.00 I use most of it myself but also share with my
fellow bread buddies at work. I've never been disappointed using this

method
and all my bread turns out just fine.
Good luck

Hey, don't tell anyone, but I also use a tablespoon of yeast instead of

2.25
teaspoons.