Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.religion.christian.episcopal
Scented Nectar Scented Nectar is offline

Default Question for Karen Winter, who used to post as 'rat' and now posts as <bleagh> 'glorfindel'

cheeky the clown wrote:
> > How do I say this to you delicately?

> You could start by learning that there's no E in masturbation, dumbass.

Don't whiff off into a rant about spelling.

> > I referred to the human-assisted masterbation

> Which you find acceptable when Karen does it to a bird, even if you
> can't spell it. At 46, no less.

You have been corrected about my age several times now. Are you that
stubborn, that even when a correction involves something as minor as
age, you refuse to budge? Anyways, back to the matter at hand.
Actively, and on the human's initiative, masturbating a bull to
completion, is NOT more moral than passively, and on the animal's
initiative, allowing the bird to masturbate on one.

> > I still think it's gross, but the bird was definitely not abused.

> Definitely? You can't speak for the bird because you weren't a witness
> to it. You have Karen's self-serving account.

Then, you have her account too. Since neither you or I are Glorfindel,
the best info we have on the matter is her account. I believe that I
have been portraying her account accurately, and that you've been
twisting it.

> > What is The Side?

> The Confederacy of Dunces who support AR at AAEV, TPA, and AFV.

Your evil arch-enemies?

> > > It was very sexual for
> > > her.

> > Prove this. She has not said so.

> She said it was "sweet." She's so happy the bird liked her more than
> other birds. Etc. Everything she's said, in toto, indicates prurient
> interest in what happened.

Sweet does not necessarily indicate feeling sexual. I think it's far
more likely that she was happy that the bird was happy.

> > > So you're taking the side that it's better and moral to ****
> > > animals so long as you don't eat them.

> > I don't believe in any sexual abuse of animals.

> Except when you know of Karen's experience with it, then it's okay.

If you want to get technical about it, the bird sexually approached
her, so if there is any abuse, the bird was the abuser!!! Since she
consented to let her hand be used, there isn't any abuse after all.

Scented Nectar
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/