Posted to rec.food.equipment
Adam Adam is offline

Default Ovens

Hello everyone

Apologies to anyone who's already seen this on rec.food.cooking, but one of
the suggestions there was to post on this NG too.

I need to replace my oven, which is a built-in electrical double oven. To
avoid rebuilding the kitchen, I intended to replace it with another built-in
electrical double oven.

Does anyone have any handy hints and tips on choosing an oven? I've noticed
that prices vary enormously: is an oven that costs £1500 really 3 times
better than one that costs £500, and if so, how? I'm struggling to imagine
how it could be. I love cooking and don't mind spending money on the right
kit, but I think I'd need to be convinced that I was getting something
pretty special if I'm going to spend a thousand quid more than I need to.
What sort of features should I look for? Any brands to recommend or avoid?

Many thanks

Adam