Posted to rec.food.cooking
LT[_1_] LT[_1_] is offline

Default Ovens

--> I have a double oven that I replaced last year. Mine was 16 years old
and
> both oven wouldn't hold a correct temperature. Anyhow I was amazed at how
> much more room my new oven has in it. I had to get rid of a lot of pans

due
> to them not fitting in the previous oven. I got an oven that is

convection
> on the top oven and regular on the bottom. I wasn't sure how I'd like the
> convection part, but I love it. Hubby hates it. I do all the cooking and
> it did take some getting use to. He bakes about 2 twice a month and

hasn't
> put the time in to learn how to use it.
>
> I'd say look for convection. I can bake 3 racks of cookies at the same

time
> and they all come out the same doneness. I have a GE Profile. I was

middle
> of the road in price.
>
> Lynne

As regard to convection or not, I know a lot has been said on the subject,
and people have their opinions. I was very skeptical about convection... to
the point I just didn't want it. But all of the really "neat" ovens had
convection, so that is the direction we went on both units. I've got to say
I was pig headed, because that is a great feature. And of course you don't
need to turn the convection on if you don't want to, but even if you don't
it comes on during preheat which shortens that time considerably. The one we
got has an automatic convection compensation, which made learning the new
settings a breeze.

Just some extra info for OP

Larry T