Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Ovens

"Adam" > wrote

> how it could be. I love cooking and don't mind spending money on the right
> kit, but I think I'd need to be convinced that I was getting something
> pretty special if I'm going to spend a thousand quid more than I need to.
> What sort of features should I look for? Any brands to recommend or avoid?

You got a lot of good advice. I hesitate to answer because I'm
not sure what's available in the UK. One thing I will say, if an
oven isn't self cleaning, it's not for me. I'm quite happy with my new
GE, though it's not a wall oven. Does all the things you'd expect an
oven to do, and well. It's not convection, though, I didn't look for
that. Safe to say, though, you probably don't need the most expensive
oven you find, but you probably don't want the cheapest.

nancy