Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.religion.christian.episcopal
Scented Nectar Scented Nectar is offline

Default Question for Karen Winter, who used to post as 'rat' and now posts as <bleagh> 'glorfindel'

Leif Erikson wrote:
> Skanky the low-paid scut-work high-absenteeism "worker"
> blabbered:

I see you can't go more than a minute without resorting to insults and
false claims. You should really stop this.

> > Leif Erikson wrote:
> >
> >>Karen Winter, who used to post as 'rat' and now posts
> >>as <bleagh> 'glorfindel', deliberately misrepresented:

> >>No. There's no sexual gratification dimension to
> >>artificial insemination.

> > There was also no sexual gratification for Karen Winter when she allowed
> > the bird to do its thing.

You've edited my quote. I actually said "...for Glorfindel..." Don't
make me part of your ongoing argument with her about what her name is.
I don't want to get involved.

> There was apparent sexual gratification for the bird,
> and Karen was making herself a part of the bird's sex life.

There is definite sexual gratification for a 'milked' bull, and the
ranchers make themselves a part of the bull's sex life. I don't see a
difference here. If you are against what she let her bird do, then by
all rights you should be against the ranchers too.

> > She only said that she thought it was sweet
> > that the bird was getting some enjoyment

> Karen was an active and willing participant in
> trans-species sexual gratification. Artificial
> insemination of livestock isn't about sexual
> gratification at all.

It is for the bull being 'milked'.

> >>It *does* include you, along with your cockatiel.

> > At no point did Karen Winter indicate that she got jollies from it,

> She clearly was enjoying it.

Only in a non-sexual (for her) way. Concede on this cockateil issue
please. It's obvious that logic is showing the point you're trying to
make is incorrect. Morally, she is not lower than the ranchers. If
you think she is immoral with regards to the bird, then you must say
the same about ranchers.