Posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin'[_1_] Melba's Jammin'[_1_] is offline

Default Watermelon Rind Pickle - serve with what?

In article >,
The Joneses > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > Here's one of my favorite sayings:
> > "The woman with a reputation as an early riser can sleep until noon."
> > Get it? LOL!

> The retired woman can sleep anytime. Of course the floor won't get swept...
> Did you ever roast some of that corn (and add a little cumin for a
> southwestern style)? I saw Bobby Flay do it once on TV for a corn salad sort
> of
> thing. Looked good to me. That way, if it's tough, you can say "oh, the
> roasted
> is nice and chewy like that, isn't it?"
> I still got peaches from last year in the freezer I need to use. No need to
> look for peaches this year.
> Edrena

LOL. I'm not into roasting corn. I've got "stewed tomatoes" in the BWB
at the moment, though. About another 15-20 minutes to go.
I always interpreted my quote above to mean that it doesn't matter what
you do, what matters is what people THINK you do. "-)

I'm thinkin' chili sauce next. The tomatoes I bought this morning are
pretty sweet. They should make nice juice, too. If I get there. LOL!
IBeCross-Eyed.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://jamlady.eboard.com