Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How long 2 boil corn on the cob?

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>> > Eight minutes should do it. When I used to boil it I salted the water.
>> > prefer to grill it now.
>> >

>> He should try a bite at 2-3 minutes. The cooking time depends very much
>> on
>> the variety of corn, as well as its condition, which depends on a number
>> of
>> factors which cannot be predicted, or factored into a rigid cooking
>> formula.

> You're right about that - I should have thought of it - I like the
> old-fashion all-yellow corn the best, and it takes a little longer to
> cook than the new type silver queen or whatever that's called.
>
> N.

On a related note, I was picking through green beans at the store last week,
and the old lady next to me asked how I was going to cook them. I told her.
Then, she held up some large "all purpose potatoes" and said "I like to put
the beans in the pot and boil them with the potatoes. They take about the
same time, you know?"

Can you imagine those green beans? :-)