Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo The Bubbo is offline

Default Filthy airplanes

Pete C. wrote:
> sf wrote:
>>
>> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>> >

>> > IMNSHO you are simply a white middle - class consumerist entitlement moo.
>> > You went to China to adopt some kid like the rest of us would go to a

pound
>> > to adopt a kitten or a puppy or to Best Buy to buy a teevee, I guess all
>> > the US - born kids who very badly need homes weren't quite "up to snuff"

for
>> > you so to speak. This marks you as another "Look at MEEEEEEEEEE...!!!"
>> > breeder...with NO regard to those around you. I surely feel sorry for

your
>> > kid...

>> I don't follow your reasoning. People usually adopt when they fail to
>> make their own babies, so she's not a breeder.
>>
>> BTW: All of my loooong flights during vacation had kids of various
>> ages on them. Every child was so well behaved (right down to the
>> infant) we barely knew they were there. I don't think my own kids
>> would have done as well on such long flights at their ages.
>>
>> sf
>> Breeder

> On a recent flight there was a PYV couple with their hell spawn. The
> little POS was screaming so loud that I seriously considered contacting
> the police to have them arrested for assault. Not unexpectedly the PYVs
> were too self absorbed to give a damn about the other passengers on the
> flight. Were it my hell spawn doing that I would have quieted it down a
> hell of a lot faster and then actually apologized to the surrounding
> passengers. But that's just non self absorbed, non egocentric, courteous
> me.
>
> Pete C.

On my flight down to NOLA last month there was a toddler in the seat in front
of me. Her ears hurt the whole flight from atlanta to nola and she shrieked in
pain and confusion. The mother tried to calm her to no avail. You could tell
she was mortified. She tried to apologize to me and I just told her not to
worry, kids get scared and upset. I don't know why people get so offended by
upset children. This kid was shrieking to break the sound barrier but I didn't
take it personally.

I was more offended by the two 'adults' two rows behind me who kept arguing
and insulting and yelling at each other over some perceived slight at the
gate.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com