Posted to alt.food.vegan
t.racer t.racer is offline

Default vegan twonkies--I'm not a blogger

Well, I made the Twonkies! What WORK. The icing injector *did* break
right away. However, Shmoo's cream filling recipe is too thick! The
injector broke at the blue part where it is attached to the metal pole
(the blue part is what pushes the cream.) So anyway, the Twonkie's
booklet has a similar recipe, but it also calls for a cup of light
corn syrup. It says the cream is supposed to have the consistency of
"mayonnaise." Shmoo's recipe is like frosting, not cream filling.
Plus, it's TOO SWEET. I would cut out half the sugar*; that's where
I'd start with adjustments. Also, the barley malt powder isn't
essential. It's just more sugar, but with a different flavor. I'm
going to contact the Twonkies manufacturer and ask what's the deal
with the injector breaking.

* I contacted Wild Oats to ask if the powdered sugar they distribute
is vegan and they never responded. That's probably a "no."

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:30:46 -0500, Elderberry Blossom