Dee Randall

Default Biga breads - Carol Fields Bread book

OK Barry, my test did not have sugar in it, and as you say yours did not
have sugar in it -- correct?

Well, mine is sitting here at 21:46 and it has since 16:50 (5 hours), room
temperature now about 70.5 degrees, just about doubled in size and has very
few holes in it. Now, my container lid is quite strong and when I popped
(pryed) it off, it let out a lot of air. But I would say, that the yeast
is probably not as good as it should be.
I've put a picture of the starter as it is now at 10:00 pm on a web page so
you can see it.
http://www.user.shentel.net/jar02/breadbydee.htm

Give me your "sage" advice.
Dee

"barry" > wrote in message
et...

> "Dee Randall" > wrote in message
> > Barry, I just re-read your yeast testing information.
> > At 4:50 to 6:20 - when I opened up the container, it only puffed at me.
> > But I'm re-reading your paragraph "Check your yeast. where above your

> test
> > ingredients , you say to put a teaspoon of sugar -- But I tested it

> without
> > the sugar as you mentioned in your next sentence. I will re-test

tomorrow