Posted to rec.food.cooking
Peter A Peter A is offline

Default Forget food! Tonight is...

In article >, Andy <q> says...
> FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!
>
> So long football widows.... see ya in January.
>

> Andy

I once watched a football game (American football for those of you in
other countries). It has to be the dumbest, stupidest, most boring sport
in history. Oversized steroid-sucking men run around and bash into each
other. 80% of the time is commercials and other BS - with only 20%
devoted to actual play. There is an occasional pass or running play that
catches your attention, but otherwise it is thump-crunch-commercial-
commercial-moron commentators shooting off their mouths-commercial-
commercial-crunch-thump. And to make things worse, 90% of the
commercials are for beer or SUVs and similar things, aimed at the fat
lazy audience who wants to pretend that they have some glamour or
excitement in their lives.

Football, give me a break. Even NASCAR and golf are more interesting.

--
Peter Aitken
Visit my recipe and kitchen myths pages at www.pgacon.com/cooking.htm