Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.cooking-chat
Jim Webster Jim Webster is offline

Default Desperate to support "ar"

"Dutch" > wrote in message

> What's wrong with escapism?

Absolutely nothing, provided that it is accepted as such. Wandering off for
a days quiet fishing, whatever, fine. When it becomes too much part of life
it is iffy

> >> Right, just don't try to claim you did the animal a favour.

> > now you are back on ideology again,

> That's the theme of alt.animals.vegetarian.

but not the theme of uba, so I've cut it from the groups, far too many cross
posts, so I'll leave you all to it

> > The animal is there

> It's not just "there", we arrange for it to be there.
>
> > it is being looked after

> I hope so.
>
> > its life expectancy is higher than it would be in the wild because the
> > wild
> > is pretty rough

> The animal is not a wild specie, didn't come from the wild, and under no
> circumstances would have come into existence in the wild,

pretty much like people then

Jim Webster.

Pat Gardiner, now in the sixth year of raving about bent vets and still no
result