Old 05-08-2006, 02:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
laurie laurie is offline

Default Burning around the edges

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
laurie wrote:

Whenever I make brownies or magic bars with my new oven, they burn around
the edges (well, the magic bars did even in my old oven, but the brownies
never did). I've tried both glass and metal pans, to no avail. What am
doing wrong? The oven seems to be right on temperature with everything
else, so I don't think it's a temperature issue.

I had all sorts of baking problems when I had a Viking oven. I was advised
get better baking pans. That helped a bit. We got rid of that unit and
got a
Maytag and things turned out beautifully.

THis is just a standard GE Electric with the flat burners. I like it a lot,
except for this issue.

laurie