Posted to rec.food.equipment
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Aluminum in the Dishwasher

T wrote:

> I don't mind handwashing at all. hot/warm wash and cold rinse. Gets
> dishes as clean and then some as opposed to my dishwasher. And usually I
> just do it right after we've eaten so there isn't a sink full of dishes
> to clean.
>
> Pots and pans get rinsed as soon as they're done being used, then washed
> at the end of dinner.

Hand washing does *not* get dishes as clean as a dishwasher. A
dishwasher uses water hotter than your hands could stand which allows it
to clean better and sanitize better than hand washing and an additional
benefit is that it uses significantly less water and energy that hand
washing.

It's certainly not true in all cases, but a dishwasher is one where the
modern convenience item really is better and less wasteful than the old
way.

Pete C.