Posted to rec.food.equipment
limey limey is offline

Default Aluminum in the Dishwasher

"Karen Wheless" wrote

>I have an old ice cream scoop that I unthinkingly put into the
> dishwasher the other day. It's now rough and discolored. Is there
> anything I can do to fix it - and if not, will it hurt anything to keep
> washing it in the dishwasher? I'll be glad to hand wash it if I can get
> it back to the way it was before.
>
> Karen

I don't think there's any way you can, Karen; I did the same thing. There
are only three choices: use it the way it is and don't worry (my method);
throw it away and get a new one; never, never put an aluminum anything in
the DW again!

A friend was ill and I took her some food. Her caregiver put my favorite,
large (aluminum) baking pan in their DW and gave me back a sorry-looking
mess. I don't believe she realized it. Stuff happens.

Dora