Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jen[_1_] Jen[_1_] is offline

Default Have Zucchini, Need Zucchini Bread

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> My next door neighbor, bless his soul, just gave me two large
> zucchinis. When hehanded them to me, I announced, "zucchini bread!"
> Wish I had a recipe. LOL!
>
> Does anyone have a really yummy recipe? I checked Epicurious, but the
> lone recipe they had got far from rave reviews.
>
> And will large zucchinis work okay for bread? Do I need to remove the
> seeds or anything? I've never made zucchini bread before, and I
> haven't seen fruits this large before, so I've gotta wonder.

My God!! I've actually got something I know to contribute. I'm always
getting other peoples recipes, but it's not often I get to give any.

These are 2 totally different, but favourite recipes using zucchini.

ZUCCHINI SLICE

2 cups grated zucchini

1 onion, chopped

3 slices bacon, chopped

4 eggs, beaten

½ cup oil

1 cup self raising flour

Salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients together. Mix well. Spoon into 2 pie dishes. Bake
in moderate oven for 35 mins.

ZUCCHINI BREAD

3 eggs

2 ¼ cups caster sugar

3 ts vanilla

1 cup oil

2 cups grated zucchini

3 cups flour

¼ ts baking powder

1 ts salt

1 ts bicarb soda

1 ts cinnamon

Beat eggs till light and frothy. Add sugar, vanilla, and oil. Beat till
thick. Stir in zucchini. Fold in sifted flour, baking powder, salt, bicarb
and cinnamon.

Bake in 2 bread tins, or 1 8" x 8" tin for 1 - 1 ½ hours at 350 F.

Any size zucchini is fine for these recipes.

Jen