Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Have Zucchini, Need Zucchini Bread

"The Cook" wrote:

> Here is a great recipe for a yeast zucchini bread. And it works
> wonderfully with big zukes since you grate them. Bread machine is not
> necessary. If you us a food processor, put the zukes in last.
>

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Whole Wheat Zucchini Herb Bread

Are you KIDDING me? Who would make that zucchini bread when they can make
THIS zucchini bread? :-)

Chocolate Zucchini Loaf

3 cups Flour
1/4 cups Cocoa
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
2 cups Sugar
3 Eggs
1/2 cup Oil
2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Banana
2 cups grated Zucchini
1 cup chopped Nuts
1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate chips or chunks

Heat oven to 350. Grease two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 pans. In large bowl, combine
flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well and
set aside. In medium bowl, combine sugar and eggs; beat well. Add oil,
vanilla, and banana; beat until combined. Stir in Zucchini and add flour
mixture. Stir until just moistened. (There should still be some lumps.)
Stir in nuts and chocolate pieces. Pour into pans and bake 55-60 min. Cool
in pans for 10 minutes, then finish cooling on racks.

Bob