Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals
Glorfindel Glorfindel is offline

Default Where's everybody gone?

Glorfindel wrote:

>>>He isn't. And he is wrong. I have indeed studied animal
>>>biology, ethology, and behavior at a university level,

<snip>

>>>Look up "imprinting" and "socialization" and "wildlife
>>>rehabilitation". The earliest modern resource is
>>>Konrad Lorenz, who pioneered the scientific concept of
>>>imprinting, working with birds. All people working
>>>with re-releasing captive-bred wild species, or with
>>>natural behavior of such species, cover the subject.

>>I don't doubt you. In fact one of my roosters will do

<snip>

> That's sick.

Uh -uh. Great scientific attitude there, Leif. I suppose
you are now going to give Pearl's rooster a stern lecture on
his moral turpitude. How does that square with your
belief that animals lack personhood and ability to
anticipate? A Cartesian machine is capable of immorality?

Your belief system is just plain weird, and certainly
shows no understanding of biological science at all.

Do you even understand how imprinting in birds works?
Evidently not.