cristina

Default strange plant

anna maria wrote:
> I posted on the Italian food newsgroup and discovered that this plant
> is a sage! I have never seen it so big, but apparently few varieties
> of
> sage of this type come from Southern America. One of the posters said
> she has a sage plant with leaves up to 8 inch long. There is a recipe
> for fried sage leaves in Italian cooking and she said this is the best
> variety to use for it.

I have the large leaf sage in my orto and it looks nothing like the plant in
the picture. I'll see if I notice something like it at the market next
Wednesday but it could be specific to Ropme. I will also ask one of my
friends who is a food dfanatic in Milano if she knows of it.

--
Cristina
http://www.chianti-assistance.com