Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals
pearl[_1_] pearl[_1_] is offline

Default Where's everybody gone?

"Leif Erikson" > wrote in message ink.net...

pearl wrote:

> > their own home may be sick as hell, but as long as they're not
> > harming or causing distress to another - that's their business.

> So you endorse it. You don't condemn it. Saying it's
> "their business" is endorsement of it.

Saying it is sick as hell is condemnation.

> > Or as Karen Winter put it:

I don't think I have a right to prevent people by force
from doing things which cause no harm to another,
human or animal. There may be things which religious
groups regard as sin, but in a non-theocratic state, religious
groups only have the authority to enforce their views on
their own members. There may be things I dislike or regard
as wrong, but unless they cause *harm* -- harm which can
be objectively observed -- I do not have the right to enforce
my opinion on others against their will.

> That's endorsement of it, too.

No it isn't. She has agreed that it is a perversion.

Stop lying, ball - if you can. I think you can't.