Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.[_2_] -L.[_2_] is offline

Default grill out: lemon garlic seafood

The Bubbo wrote:
> 1 pound 31-40 count shrimp, cleaned and skewered
> 1 1/2 pounds mahi mahi, skin on
>
> 3 tbl roast garlic paste (roast garlic cloves run through FP with a bit of
> olive oil)
> 1/4 cup olive oil
> 1/4 cup lemon juice
> 1 tbl dried oregano
>
> Marinate shrimp and fish in sauce.
> grill

This recipe brough back a really good food memory...
I learned to grill lamb from two Jordanian guys I knew in college.
They used 20-30 cloves of fresh garlic, about 1/4 c olive oil and a
half-cup of fresh lemon juice. Marinated the lamb chops in this mixure
for at least 6 hours, rubbing the garlic into the flesh on a regular
basis. I never like lamb until I had it prepared this way - it was
incredible.

-L.