Old 31-07-2006, 06:15 PM posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.drink,rec.arts.books
Chris McGonnell[_1_] Chris McGonnell[_1_] is offline

Default "Canadian Lyric" cocktail?

On 2006-07-26, Chris McGonnell wrote:

There's a lot of short stories written about ghosts or murder at
Christmas,

Ghost of Christmas past?

Yep. "A Christmas Carol" is one cited as an early tale. It's longer
than it should be because Dickens was being paid by the word.

which is some sort of Engerlish tradition that I'd never
heard of before I received "Christmas Crimes" as a Christmas present
last Christmas.

Hmm. Not sure about Christmas, but murder is as popular in TV
drama now as it was in novels and plays when Shepherd Mead wrote "How
to Live like a Lord".

No, mystery or ghost stories set during Christmas, which is some kind
of tradition. Conan Doyle's "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle" is
one. Some of Davies' stories were printed in Ellery Queen's Mystery
Magazine -- December issue, of course.

I think murder on television died with Angela Lansbury.

--
Chris McG.
Harming humanity since 1951.