Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_1_] Ophelia[_1_] is offline

Default Corned Beef vs Salt Beef (naval beef)

"kilikini" > wrote in message

> "Goomba38" > wrote in message
> news
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> > You should meet my father... then you'd realize a nursing home is not
>> > an
>> > option he'd take to nicely. His older sister, my aunt Win, and her

> husband
>> > are happy to live in an assisted living faciltiy. There aren't exactly

> lots
>> > of nursing homes in the Beaufort area. I'm not sure she would have any

> idea
>> > how do do that.

>> So why don't you move home and help take care of him? And provide a
>> little respite for your mother? You've got time on your hands.

> I may be out-of-line in speaking for Jill, here, but she's offered to move
> to her parents' house to help take care of her father and her father
> absolutely is adamantly against it. He won't even let her come visit.
> She
> wants to visit because his days are numbered, but he won't let her. He's
> not in his right mind at this point and Jill is just going with his
> wishes.

Thank you kili! It seems that some people are so up their own jacksies that
they don't really listen!!

Goomba..... listen ... please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just for once put aside
your 'know all' ego and listen!!!

> My step-mom's mother had Alzheimers. It was *extremely* taxing on my
> step-mom and, like Jill, she wanted her mom to pass. Why? Because it
> wasn't her mother anymore. My step-mom dealt with her mother's condition
> for 5 years. Every day Frankie (my step-mom's mother) would ask, "Where's
> Gene, where's Gene?" Gene, her husband, passed away 7 years prior. Every
> day my step-mom had to deal with the issue of passing the news on to her
> mother that her husband of 55 years had already gone. Then the wailing
> and
> weeping would begin anew. Tell me, what's better in that situation? To
> wish someone to pass on or wish them life?
>
> Jill's going through a lot right now. Please cut her some slack.

Nicely put kili and thank you for your input!