Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba38 Goomba38 is offline

Default Corned Beef vs Salt Beef (naval beef)

Goomba38 wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> You should meet my father... then you'd realize a nursing home is not an
>> option he'd take to nicely. His older sister, my aunt Win, and her
>> husband
>> are happy to live in an assisted living faciltiy. There aren't
>> exactly lots
>> of nursing homes in the Beaufort area. I'm not sure she would have
>> any idea
>> how do do that.

> So why don't you move home and help take care of him? And provide a
> little respite for your mother? You've got time on your hands.

Replying to my own post to add the addendum: Go help Mom. I can't
imagine anyone regretting doing it after the fact. Maybe if you'd go and
help your mother find adult day care for Alzheimer patients, and
investigate nursing home options you can help her out as well as plan
for increasing levels of care needed down the road.
Do for your father, and help your mother, as you'll someday hope someone
will do for you. You mentioned diapers-Diapers are such a non-issue in
the scheme of things. You might actually come away from the experience
richer emotionally.