Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.support.diet.low-carb
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Sugar-free, sweetener-free cheesecake recipe wanted

Abe wrote:

> >I am looking for a cheesecake recipe that relies on the natural fruit
> >used for its sweetness. I don't want to add any artificial sweeteners
> >(fructose etc included) and I would prefer not to have to add
> >concentrated fruit juices as well.

> >I realise that this cheesecake won't be particularly sweet, but that's
> >fine with me ...

> You're really asking for the impossible. Without a sweetenener of some
> sort, the cake is going to taste pretty much like plain cream cheese.
> I don't think there's any way around that.

If your target is rich rather than sweet, cheese cake without sweetener
will hit that target. If your target is the least sweetener to match
your
tastes, go for the rich not for the sweet.

Baked cheesecake recipes won't taste like cream cheese because of
the baking. Vanilla, nutmeg, egg will help. Either crustless baked in
a ceramic bowl or with a nut crust. A bit of cimmamon goes well in
a nut crust.